Thursday, May 1, 2008

Do i need to repel?

I saw this posting by tom today. I felt like commenting it. And this is what i wrote.

It is not most of the time "I don't know the answer" but its "I don't know the question".

What I want?

Almost and always in the programming world it’s not what I want, it’s what they want me to want. Unclear requirements we see it every day don't we.

Why such questions?

The inability to question the authority is what leads to such questions. Some of the questions asked may not be looking for the answer but may be in the phase of trying to understand what is needed. I know it’s a wrong (very... very...) approach. But in the practical world that’s the way it is.

Don’t you here it?

Do what I say...
Don't do it that way, Do it my way...

Do I need to repel?

Is it right to say what you ask for just does not make any sense to me. If I tell that I know the next question (if the person sitting opposite to you is a genuine person) would be "Then tell me how it should be?” Do we really have answer at that moment is what matters. If we have then we may find a way out. But most of the time we know that something is wrong but we don’t know what is right. To find the right thing we need time. And that is what most of them don’t have with them. For all this as I said earlier the person should be genuine. What if he or she is a bossy person? It’s simple..."You are screwed up".

So I feel such question is born not because "I don’t know what I want" but because "I don’t know what they want me to want".

No comments: